There is nothing quite like the taste of roasted onions. What’s more? You can roast onions without adding oil to them and they will still taste incredible. It’s so easy, why not add some cauliflower to the pan too. Then finish with some grilled chicken, greens, chopped tomatoes and bell pepper and you’ve got a tasty Sweet Onion Salad!
Here’s how to make this scrumptious salad:
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice a sweet onion to quarter inch thickness and arrange rings on the baking sheet
- Place chopped cauliflower on the same baking sheet (try to allow cauliflower and onion to be in single layer)
- Lightly season with salt, pepper and dried rosemary
- Roast for 15-20 minutes shaking the pan every 5 minutes
- Toss the juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon, a little salt and pepper with chopped greens, tomatoes and yellow bell pepper
- Add grilled chicken or other protein of your choice
This Sweet Onion Salad will taste like you spent both time and effort to create; tops it will take you 30 minutes to put it all together (including baking time)!
Healthy food can taste great too and we know how to do it! Try our other tasty healthy EATS by clicking here.
*The exact portions will vary per person. Contact us for more details on your portions and macronutrient breakdown per meal/per day! There is no need to guess at how you should eat – let us help you eat right for your body type and goals!