Some healthy foods taste healthy. Some healthy foods taste borderline naughty. My Buffalo Chicken Salad is one of the latter. I created it one Sunday late morning while attempting to nurse a hangover without blowing my macro based meal plan. The flavors are bold! If you like buffalo chicken wings, blue cheese, and ranch, you are going to love this Buffalo Chicken Salad. Let’s put it all together.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Good greens/lettuce
- Toppings of your choice (tomatoes, radishes, diced sweet peppers, pickled green beans and red onions – regular onions are fine too)
- Low fat ranch dressing (or homemade with plain lowfat yogurt and ranch seasoning)
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Shredded or chopped chicken (I usually have chicken on hand that I’ve slow cooked in the crockpot)
- Buffalo/hot sauce – just plain hot sauce, not the stuff mixed with butter
Here’s how to make the magic happen while following your meal plan:
- Measure your chicken and chop or shred it. Place on tinfoil and into air fryer. Crisp for 6-10 minutes on 350. Remove and top with hot sauce. Caution: a little goes a long way – if you like heat, load it up!
- Prepare your salad in a large bowl. Add greens/lettuce, chopped tomatoes, peppers, chopped pickled green beans, and pickled red onions.
- Measure your dressing to keep the macros in line. Remember you’re adding 1 oz of blue cheese crumbles per serving too so you want to make sure your fat allotment stays in check.
- After you’ve dressed your salad, add the measured cheese, and top with your crisped chicken portion.
This Buffalo Chicken Salad is so good, perfect for a week night meal when you need that taste of naughty but it’s not quite time yet, perfect for a hangover cure, really just perfect! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
For more recipe ideas that will keep your healthy cooking tasting like so much more than healthy cooking, visit our Healthy Eats index.
*The exact portions will vary per person. Contact us for more details on your portions and macronutrient breakdown per meal/per day! There is no need to guess at how you should eat – let us help you eat right for your body type and goals!