One of the easiest ways to prepare chicken is to roast a whole one! Sounds like something you only have time for on the weekends, but trust me you can whip this up and have it on your plate in only 2-2.5 hours! Our Orange Rosemary Chicken is juicy and full of flavor. A great benefit is that whole chickens are typically less money per pound than breasts! Here are the steps to bring this incredible protein to your dinner table tonight.
- Wash and pat dry whole chicken (s). I buy the organic chickens from Sam’s club and they come two to a pack so I just make both of them at once.
- Place on a rack inside a roasting pan that has been covered with tinfoil. This tip is strictly for clean-up convenience and has no impact on the actual cooking of the chickens!
- Lift the skin on the breast slightly to slide in a few fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Stuff the cavity with a few more rosemary sprigs and two orange halves.
- Spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray so spices adhere and season with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 325 degrees for 2 hours. Then turn the heat to 350 for the last half hour to brown the bird!
- Let rest for a few minutes to seal in juices then enjoy!
Orange Rosemary Chicken is so easy to prepare and will really “WOW” your friends and family; healthy food that tastes great can be on your table tonight!
*Side note: dark meat does have more fat than white meat so if you follow a Check Total Health meal plan and would typically add fats to that meal, just skip the addition of a fat!
*The exact portions will vary per person. Contact us for more details on your portions and macronutrient breakdown per meal/per day! There is no need to guess at how you should eat – let us help you eat right for your body type and goals!