You’ve probably noticed a theme: that I’m big on foods that don’t require a microwave in order to taste good! I am in the car, a lot, travelling to see clients but also out and about with my daughter on days that I don’t work. I need healthy, convenient, easy to eat and drive foods. I often get asked what choices will be good at “fast food” restaurants and I promise you that there are no choices from the drive-thru that will help you accomplish your goals. Sure, some foods are better than others but you won’t be hitting your ideal macros if it comes out of a window as you drive by!
So, healthy foods that are easy to eat and don’t need a microwave…how about a Chicken Waldorf salad? It’s a refreshing lunch on a hot summer day, travels nicely, and is packed with healthy carbs, protein and fat! Here’s how I put together my Chicken Waldorf:
- Measure out previously cooked chicken (I used crockpot shredded chicken but grilled or baked would be great to)
- Chop up half of a small apple and slice a handful of grapes
- Crush 1/4 cup walnuts and add to fruit and chicken mixture
- Measure 1-2 TBSP of nonfat Greek Yogurt and 1-2 TSP of Dijon Mustard
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the mixture and stir to combine
- The Chicken Waldorf would be great served on a big bed of lettuce, on top of Ezekiel bread (depending on your carb allotment), or accompanied by some grilled veggies
Healthy eating takes planning and commitment but the results will be worth it. We have tons of great recipes to get your started on your journey.
*The exact portions will vary per person. Contact us for more details on your portions and macronutrient breakdown per meal/per day! There is no need to guess at how you should eat – let us help you eat right for your body type and goals!