Guilt-free noodles? Yes please! You’ve got to love science. The makers of “Zero Pasta” have managed to make a cold noodle that has really good texture and when dressed and accessorized properly tastes like a perfect cold peanut noodle salad – could pass for one you’d get at an Asian restaurant – the flavors are on point. I’ve played around with a few versions of the sauce but here’s the one I like the most.
- 2 packages of “Zero Pasta” found in the Vegan cold section at the grocery store (see pictures)
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1.5 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP chili garlic sauce
- 1 TBSP sugar free maple syrup
- 1 TSP ground ginger
- Chopped vegetables of your choice – bell peppers, green onion, carrots, broccoli – really anything you like to have in a cold peanut noodle salad
- 1/4 cup chopped or crushed ground peanuts for garnish
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro for garnish
- *1-3 TBSP room temperature water – you may need to thin the sauce just a bit
It’s pretty simple to put the cold peanut noodle salad together. Start by draining the “Zero Pasta” in a colander. Combine all ingredients, garlic through ground ginger, with a whisk. The sauce will be thick. Depending on consistency you may need to thin out just a bit with room temperature water but in my experience even after the pasta has been drained it still releases water so once you mix the pasta and the chopped vegetables into the sauce a little water will release anyway. Toss the pasta and chopped veggies into the sauce. Serve the cold peanut noodle salad with crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro on top (I had neither the day I took the above picture) for presentation purposes – a little extra crunch and elevated flavor! Pairs nicely with grilled shrimp or tofu.
We have so many healthy recipes to choose from. They are all perfected and taste-tested by us! Try our other healthy EATS by clicking here.
*The exact portions will vary per person. Contact us for more details on your portions and macronutrient breakdown per meal/per day! There is no need to guess at how you should eat – let us help you eat right for your body type and goals!