When you live in Southwest Florida, it’s hard to find the feeling of Fall when it’s always hot outside. Parmesan Acorn Squash will send you right into the pumpkin patch, apple orchard, and changing leaves when this tasty treat touches your tongue! This recipe is easy to make, pairs nicely with your healthy proteins and is a perfect carbohydrate that is low on the glycemic index.
Here’s how to make the Parmesan Acorn Squash:
- Thoroughly rinse and dry the acorn squash
- Remove the top stem and halve the squash length wise
- Use a spoon to scoop on the seeds
- Slice in half moon shapes about 1/4 inch thickness
- Arrange on a foil lined and greased (non-stick cooking spray) baking sheet with minimal overlapping
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried thyme
- Add grated parmesan
- Roast in a 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until the Parmesan Acorn Squash has a crispy top
If you like our Parmesan Acorn Squash, you’ll love our index of healthy eats created and taste approved by us. Try our other healthy recipes here.
*The exact portions will vary per person. Contact us for more details on your portions and macronutrient breakdown per meal/per day! There is no need to guess at how you should eat – let us help you eat right for your body type and goals!